SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ardcp

cabinets partially installed; feeling disappointed:(

ardcp
10 years ago

i ordered medallion silver-line cabinets through a kd at a kitchen place and they are also doing the install. i am feeling let down by the cabinets and install. tell me if this is normal and it will be fine!
1 wall cab has a chunk out of the back and is flush mounted on the wrong side. they installed it anyway and ordered another. the installer alerted my kd. however on inspection last night, another cab has a chunk missing out of the back and the flush veneer side has a small crack and a place that has started to chip. the installer didn't call the kd so i did. she is having her husband (they own the place) verify for warranty. i am kind of disappointed that they didn't say anything during install. then i realized that a drawer has no glide on one side and the 18" cabs to the left of the stove are not aligned, wall has about a 1" gap between wall and cab and the bottom is flush to the wall which means the door will hit the wall. the uppers are not aligned properly so the micro cab is not evenly over the stove so when the otr micro goes over the range, it will be off.
i am upset because i paid more for the kitchen place to do the install than the gc i got a quote from because i thought i would get a better install. not feeling it:(

Comments (14)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor