SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beths96

Did you ever hear of Black Uba Tuba?

beths96
14 years ago

Thanks again to everyone who answered my question last week about the cost of granite. I got an estimate at a local shop, and I had three choices in the lowest price group. One was regular, greenish Uba Tuba (I saw their slabs, and they were definitely what I would call dark green); Santa Cecelia, and Black Uba Tuba.

They did not have a slab of the Black Uba Tuba because it was on order and not in yet. However, they gave me a 4x4 sample of it. They assured me that this Black Uba Tuba does not have the green tones of regular Uba Tuba. I really like the sample. It's definitely black, with brown and gold flecks. And I got an estimate of $3300, which includes all installation, edge, taxes, and labor. I am pleased with that price and surprised, actually!

So...have you ever heard of Black Uba Tuba? I have searched online, and the only results I get are something like, "Do you think your Uba Tuba is black or green?" but I can find pictures, or information, on this Uba Tuba that is mostly black. I wonder if this shop just calls it this, and it goes by another name somewhere else?

Thank you for any opinions you have! And does anyone have Saint Cecelia with bright white cabinets and a white backsplash? I loved the slabs, but I don't like the sample in my kitchen.

Thanks!

Comments (9)