SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dljmth

Other than White Cabinets for White Macaubus?

dljmth
11 years ago

We found a remnant of WM (one with more of a white base than cream) for our bathroom vanity. Used it with a black wash rift oak and it's great! (picture in progress) We found out there is enough left over to use for the 2 small mudroom cabinets (both upper and lower) that are paint grade so I am looking for a paint color - hopefully something other than white. The mudroom is really just a hallway that leads from the garage to the bathroom pictured and shares the same floor tile throughout. It's a small hallway and somewhat dark although I plan to paint the walls white. The floor is a Geotech tile. It is the same as the tile in the bathroom. Was thinking to use perhaps a green gray color but not too dark. Or maybe I should play it safe and paint them white? (hesitant because it will get lots of wear and tear from kids). Ideas? Someone suggested asking the painter to do a faux paint to make it look like the rift oak since it is in the same area and shares the same floor. I think that would be tough. Alternatively, the costly solution would to be have doors remade in rift oak - but after all - it's a mud room area. Seems silly to spend so much for that.

The floor tile is GeoGrey

Ideas?

Comment (1)