SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Penny Pinchers

azzalea
15 years ago

Okay, haven't seen one of these threads for a couple of days.

Helps to share our ideas, in these tight times, doesn't it?

So how have you saved $$$ (or cents) this week?

I was ordering some stuff online--some of the items were cheaper on Amazon (and free shipping); some were cheaper on the manufacturer's website. So I divided my order and got the cheapest prices. Then I did a websearch to find a discount coupon for 10% off at the one website, so I saved a few more $$$

Then... Okay, when I left home, I swore I'd never have a 'rag bag' like my mom did. And I haven't--in 35 years. BUT one of my favorite sheets bit the dust this week. So I washed it, cut it into nice squares, and I now have a nice stack of cleaning rags. I do 'indulge' myself by buying HandiWipes, so that I can use one a few times and toss it. I've now got a supply that will probably last me a couple of years.

Bought elbows instead of a fun shape of pasta to save .30. Not a big saving, but often those little ones add up.

We've been trying to eat up some of the old stuff in the freezer, rather than buying new, or going out to dinner (and we only go out now if we have a gc, or really good coupon--like $10 off)

So, what have you done to conserve, save or make money this week?

Comments (28)