SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jirpel_gw

Curb Appeal

jirpel
10 years ago

Looking for some help adding some curb appeal to our post war Cap Cod. We have hired a roofer to come and replace the roof (which is now leaking) so need to make some decisions. Looking at GAF Camelot II shingles in weathered wood. We will be adding 8" overhangs with crown molding along the front for ventilation along with visual interest. However, I am really stuck on the gutters. I love the look of half round gutters (canâÂÂt really afford copper) but was looking at aluminum options. I thought maybe a bronze color which would match the darker roof, but not sure if this will look okay since the reset of the trim will be tan to match the windows. Another option would be to go with a K-style aged copper looking gutter which mimics the aged look of copper (gutter supply.c carries this call designer copper). The shutters will be replaced along with the door surround, I thought if I did go with a darker gutter color I could introduce a darker gutter color there or maybe some dark earns for planting at the door. Any help will be appreciated, I have attached a photo of what we got to work with and link to an inspiration we used for design of the overhangs. Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Cape Renovation

Comments (6)