SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebuyer23

2 granites, 2 cabinet colors, & a backsplash border...?

homebuyer23
11 years ago

Its early for this, I haven't ordered cabinets yet, will be soon, but I spent some time collecting samples this weekend to get inspired so if you have time to look and post, what do you think of this combination?

Perimeter cabinets - Shaker style Dove White
Perimeter counter - jet mist (sample is honed but I like polished too).
Island - Maple stained coffee
Island counter - Bianco antico.
Backsplash - just the white brick subways, but maybe with the little mosaic line.
Floor - already in, golden oak.

I'm pretty sure ALL of these things together are a bit too much. (Or, does it work?) I don't know which to eliminate though.

The mosaic. Seems the easiest to ditch, but it really ties in to and brings out the beauty of the bianco antico to me and made me like it even more than I already did.

The bianco antico. The main thing holding me back is, I'm not sure why I like it so much since I have for quite some time not been a fan of busy granites. But I really like the color tones in it and, its the most affordable stone I've been interested in. I'm afraid of having 2 huge counters of it though and later wondering, HOW did I end up with all this busy-ish granite?? But right now I really like it. Esp with those pretty little metallic tiles near it that pick up the colors perfectly.

The jet mist. Love it. But. ALL jet mist, just seems like a lot of dark counters; I don't know if I'd like it on the stained island, I tend to like dark counters on light cabinets; and I'm torn on maintenance of dark honed finish vs streakiness of dark polished.

The stained island. Thinking about it, but really scared of white painted island, its really long (36"x120") so I feel like that's a lot of white, and, I have a 2 year old boy. Many years of paint chipping to come.

The white perimeter cabinets. Well, just can't, have to have them somewhere!

So...thanks for reading my word-y thought process, just would love to hear anything at all you think about this combo!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm