SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbisi

Is my pool making me sick?

arbisi
16 years ago

I have had the pool for 3 years. In February I had a severe case of bacterial pneumonia (no swimming but I had been in the spa a few times). The whole month of July I was fighting a severe outer ear infection (right ear only) that moved to the middle ear--it was horrible my whole face and jaw area swelled up so bad I could not chew food or close my mouth all the way.Two different antibiotics and two different ear drops before I started to feel better. I didn't swim the whole month of July. I just started going back in the pool a few days ago and I don't go under water except for a quick dunk to get my hair out of my face and I even hold both ears closed when I do that. Anyway-I feel my ear infection coming back again. I have never had ear infections before now and I am in my 40's. My pool water is always balanced and clean. Is there some kind of bacteria that the chlorine isn't killing? My doctor is stumped as well and will be sending me to an ENT. Any ideas? It is still only the right ear that is affected. Is it the pool or a coincidence?

Comments (5)