SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

Freshen up this kitchen..

10 years ago

This is my soon to be new kitchen. I want to freshen it up a bit. With buying this house, I can not do a lot $ wise just yet. In 3-4 years probably. My thoughts are: Take the cabinet run over the bar out and open it up.
I do not like the router design on the fronts, could we use small trim and "cover" it? The cabinets could use a fresh coat of paint.
That wood look laminate it awful. But I'll have to live with it a while. I would like to put up a back splash but, thinking ahead, is there something tile wise that I could put up, that would accept solid surface at a later date?
Or should I just put up a paint color and live with that until new counters?

That is the front door on the other side of the fridge.
My brother will hopefully help open that area across from the fridge. Currently a coat closet (right across from the front door) and on the back side of that is "the pantry".
Moving the fridge to where that wall/closets currently are would allow me to put some counter on the left side of the sink, and in turn create a landing area just in side the front door.

These are listing photos, I'll be there Tuesday am, for the home inspection and take more photos.

Within the first year, we'll replace the range with a gas one.
Not a lot of counter space for a microwave, so will probably do a microhood ASAP. (I have teen boys, MW is a necessity.) lol

Do you have some ideas?

This is the colors of my current kitchen. This was right after the counter tops were installed. There is now a glass tile backsplash.(that took about 3 years to decide.) But we like color. :)

Comments (16)