SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flpoolpro

Control Pentair Variable Speed Pump with new PE653 Controller

flpoolpro
14 years ago

Today I finished a single speed conversion job and installed the 4x160 Pentair variable speed pump. The owner did not want to pay the price for the Suntouch controller from Pentair but still wanted wireless control of his variable speed pump and optional equipment. All I could find was a new control released by Intermatic called the MultiWave model number PE653/PE953.

THIS THING IS AWSOME! It was designed for retrofit applications and mounted on the top of the old yellow dial timer enclosure used for the single speed pump. You remove the old yellow dial timer and the enclosure ends up being a wiring junction box, what a concept! The PE653 can control two speed pumps, booster pumps, thermostat control, actuators, freeze control and has a connection specifically for the Pentair 4x160 or VF. It mounts to any enclosure and uses the communication cord that comes with the Pentair VF & 4x160 pumps.

The variable speed screen doesnÂt show up until you hook up the communication cable and then you can program up to 4 speeds, on/off times for all speeds, interlocks with booster, freeze control and even max speed settings. Wireless control at half the price, needless to say, the customer is happy and I sold not only the pump, but the control. FINALLY an affordable control to go with a great pump. Has anyone else used this control? Any feedback?

Comments (3)