SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Lotto Blocks = Finished Quilt!

solstice98
14 years ago

In February I was lucky and won the blue/white star lotto blocks.

Here's what they looked like:

I decided to sash them in yellow and had planned to do star cornerstones but at the last minute I was afraid it would be too busy, so I went with a different white/yellow dotted fabric for the cornerstones. I used the same fabric for the binding. For the center block, I used 4 sun faces taken from fabric I had in my stash.

The backing is a sunshine yellow Minky I found at fabric.com. My local stores only carry the pastel Minkys so I was excited to find this color. I'm covering a few pillows with it too, to be used on the sofa (actually a futon) in my sewing room. It's my favorite napping, reading, TV watching spot. This cozy, soft quilt - with squares made by several of you wonderful forum people - is MY quilt for MY sewing room! LOL. Everyone who has felt the Minky backing has asked for the quilt, including DH Jim. NO! This one is just for ME! I've given away so many in the past year that I do not feel selfish at all keeping this one. The cats love it too, of course, and knead their paws on the backing purring like crazy. (I have one planned for Jim with soft flannel backing and old Americana tavern sign prints, but it's a surprise. See, I'm not totally mean and selfish!)

I used very simple quilting because the Minky doesn't lend itself well to free motion quilting.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the Feb 2010 lotto!

Kate

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County