SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lctony

Bathroom Faucet

lctony
10 years ago

Background: We have remodeled our main bath. Most everything is perfect except for the selection of sink faucet. The motif of choice is brushed nickel. I selected the MOEN Adler 4-in. Single Handle Low-Arc Bathroom Faucet in Spot Resistant Brushed Nickel (Model #CAL84502SRN).

Problem: We have invested quite a lot on a solid granite countertop and a custom built solid cherry vanity cabinet. The lever to raise and lower the sink stopper is located in BACK of the faucet. I had occasion to test it recently by pouring a small amount of water on top of the faucet (not an uncommon occurrence with children and grandchildren using the faucet). The water leaked through the hole housing the lever and dripped down into my expensive cabinet. This is NOT acceptable. I wrote the company to see if they sold a brushed nickel plug to place in the hole in lieu of the lever. I'd be perfectly happy to operate the stopper mechanism by hand and not use the fixture's lever. They do not have such a plug. The fixture was purchased at HomeDepot. I have searched the websites of HomeDepot, Lowes and most other internet sellers of bathroom fixtures and have not been able to find a brushed nickel single handle faucet with a ZERO probability of leakage into the vanity cabinet below. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP???

Comments (3)