SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
santorin_gw

Rebar poking through pebble....Pool 10 months old...

santorin
16 years ago

So...I've been noticing a rust colored spot on the side of the pool about a foot above the bottom since Monday. Only reason I noticed it was because I was brushing the pool and putting in chemicals. When I saw it, I thought it was a stain because I tried brushing it over and over again and it wouldn't go away. So I started searching for rust colored spots, algae, etc. online to see if maybe there was some type of growth or something in the pool. I found there is a brown algae and thought it could be that even though this looked like rust. Next day...couldn't find the spot. Hmmm...maybe adding the chemicals got rid of whatever it was. Wednesday came along and the spot was back. Tried brushing it again to no avail. Yesterday, I got in the pool and checked it out. I could brush the rust colored spot away, but when I did, I saw the rebar poking through. :(

Has anyone had this happen before? I'll be contacting the pool builder and seeing what can be done. I'll also be checking the contract again to see if it is covered. They said the covered the shell if it popped out...hopefully they cover rebar poking through.

Comments (5)