SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ntt_hou

Do you have a percolator coffeemaker?

ntt_hou
13 years ago

I posted this at the Cooking forum but thought I'd post it here too in case some of you don't visit the Cooking forum.

My Gevalia coffeemaker is coughing and is dying. I've been thinking of purchasing a back up and be ready when the Gevalia hit the dust.

Thursday, I was at Walmart and at the clearance isle, I saw a Hamilton Beach 12-cup coffeemaker with a brew strength selector for $7! Wow, that was sure a great bargain to pass. Before purchasing it, I made sure that I could return it if I've ever changed my mind.

Today, I had a chance to look for reviews, I coudn't find any for this model, 48577. However, I found reviews for a similar model and they weren't good. A major problem was that while brewing, it can get stuck and coffee will over flow. Well, looks like it will go back to the clearance isle at Walmart.

I went back to my original wish which was a percolator coffeemaker. Awhile back, I've had an eye for a Presto electric percolator but they were quite pricey. Thought, I'd check it again. To my surprise, Amazon is having the Presto 12-cup currently on sale and shipping is free. So, I purchased one (link below).

Currently, at the top of my head, I can think of Pros: It would take less room than a regular coffeemaker; Cons: Hand wash only, not dishwasher safe :(

Do you use one and do you like it? What are the pros and cons of it?

Comments (6)