SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

'Typhoid' Marjorie

Cherryfizz
15 years ago

I am not too happy with my sister right now and it is because of people like her that the flu goes from one country to another.

Marjorie flew home from St. Louis Tuesday night. Before she left for the airport she told me she was starting to have sinus troubles and I could hear her cough. I told her if she had a cold she wasn't to come to my house because I didn't want to catch it. I have been sick most of the winter with vertigo and am just starting to feel well again.

She shows up at my house anyways. She was coughing quite a bit and had a runny nose. She told me when she was coughing at the airport while going through security she laughed and told the security officer not to worry it was post nasal drip and not the swine flu.

She slept on my couch and by morning was coughing even more and I told her she was infectious and I really didn't want to be sick. "Oh, no she said - you can't catch this from me" I kept telling her she had something other than sinus and she was adamant that it was post nasal drip. I know the flu or a cold when I see it and she had all the symptoms of both!

By Wednesday she was coughing so much she had my brother take her to the clinic to get antibiotics for her "sinus infection". I know my sister and I know she told the Doctor what was wrong with her because according to her she has never had a cold or flu in her 69 years of life.

She came back here and plopped herself down on my couch and since then has been coughing, sneezing, complaining of body aches, wheezing and suffering from nausea. She has the FLU even though she won't admit it. I am so po'd at her.

and she is not careful with her germs. She coughs and I tell her to cover her mouth and she said she is coughing with her mouth closed! Her coughing is keeping me awake because some of the coughs are deep in her chest and they make a piercing sound that even scares my cat. She has rales in her chest and I told her that she was wheezing. She doesn't wash her hands after she coughs into them and then she goes and touches my Brita water jug and uses the glass to fill it. I finally had to give her a bag to keep at her side for her used tissues. They were all over the couch.

I stayed away from my friend and her family since Easter because they have all been sick and passed the virus amongst themselves. Now, here I have it right in my own home!

I have only had 1 cold in 12 years and that was 6 years ago. When I have had a cold I end up having to go to the ER for breathing treatments because of my asthma. My immune system has been pretty good and I am really hoping it will fight off these germs that "Typhoid" Marjorie is spewing all around.

I bought a can of Lysol today and every time Marjorie leaves the room I spray everything plus the phone and the remote controls and anything else she has touched. She says she is offended. She brings her germs into my house and she is offended??

I am trying my best to not to get whatever she has but I think it is too late. My throat is starting to tickle and I have a slight cough.

She told me she was happy that she was sick here rather than at her apartment because she has someone to take care of her. I get sick and who will be here for me. I am sending Marjorie home the minute she feels better. If I am sick I want to be alone in my misery. LOL

And, she is already planning on making me her primary care giver and power of attorney, the person in charge of taking care of things if she doesn't make it through this round of cancer. She says she "has a feeling" this cancer will be her demise. I told her again she better plan on getting someone else to handle her affairs because I can't do it again and I told her not to make me feel guilty for not being able to do so. She has 5 other siblings beside myself.

I'll be there for her but not in the roll she wants me to be.

Right now though, I am not happy with her.

Anne

Comments (16)

• Cherryfizz
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

LOLOL I meant role not "roll" as in a bread roll. I need something to make me laugh right now and that did it. LOL

I think I will go drink a tall glass of grapefruit juice before I go to bed or maybe I should wear a string of garlic around my neck. LOL Maybe I should have thought about that the minute Marjorie stepped in my house. Anything to scare the germs away.

Last bout of coughing was 10 minutes ago while she sleeps. I am expecting it to begin again any moment and her mouth is wide open. LOL Wonder if I can slip a mask on her face without waking her up. I am easily amused.

Anne

• ivamae
    15 years ago

Cherryfizz, I feel so sory for you. I don't know what I would do if I were in the same situation, however, I have no siblings.

One time when I was feeling a bit down, I made a sign and have it on my computer. It says " don't take unfair advantage of any person and don't let any person take unfair advantage of you" I know it is good advice but don't know just how one can always accomplish the second part.

All the best
    ivamae

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    15 years ago

Oh, Cherryfizz, I feel for you. I sure hope you don't catch anything and get sick. Keep boosting your immune system and maybe you will be okay. I am sending you good thoughts your way. She must feel you are pretty special to her to want you to be the one to care for her.

Sue

• margad
    15 years ago

I hope you are able to stay healthy and do not catch your sisters illness. She does not seem to be very thoughtful.

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

Gosh I feel for you Anne!
    Can you get Airborne up there in the stores? Zicam? Take tons of Vit C(like 1000mg 3 x a day I think is what they say) and Zinc!
    That would tork me off royally!!

**IF** you do get sick, may I suggest you go camp out on HER couch for a few days?! You know, get even with her! LOL
    (((Anne)))

• LorifromUtah
    15 years ago

She is offended by your lysol?
    Bah!
    Offended-Schomended!

A teaspoon of bleach in a quart of water is a great disinfectant. So are disinfectant wipes. Wipe everything she touches with this solution. Spray down your couch with lysol several times a day. Wash and dry her bedding at the hottest settings possible.

Are you wearing a mask?
    Please do.

Maybe you will offend your sister right out the front door?

I'm sorry!

Lori

• janie_ga
    15 years ago

Heck, I would spray it on HER every time she coughs! Forget waiting until she leaves the room. If she is offended enough, maybe she will leave!

Good luck,
    janie

• Cherryfizz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My sister just went to the ER because she thinks she has pneumonia now. I hope they keep her in.

As soon as she left the house I put the dog outside and sprayed down everything in the living room and wiped and sprayed down anything she touched in the kitchen and bathroom.

I told Marjorie to let the doctor diagnose her and for her to not tell the doctor what she thought was wrong with her. LOL

I am going outside for some fresher air and to cut the grass. LOL

Anne

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

Anne...whatever you do ....stand strong and keep saying no to being the care taker....

Can she put your name on the papers without your permission?

• susanjf_gw
    15 years ago

cherry do you have a nebulizer at the house? mother always kept one, just in case..saved her from having to go to the doc's if she had an inkling her asthma wasn't going to be controlled with normal meds...

i have to feel sorry for your sis, but to not take care when she feels bad, isn't healthy, especially when she makes someone else sick att he same time...i must admit i hate being alone during the day when i'm really sick...

• User
    15 years ago

Hi Anne,
    speaking from experience over the last 5 years as Power of Attorney(POA) both financially and medically and now executor for my Mom's estate - YOU CAN DECLINE. Let your sister know she can put anything she wants on paper - you still have the legal right to decline.
    My great aunt who I have been POA for (it's a major, major headache)passed away last Dec. I am declining acting as executor. I've had enough. Everyone else just sits at home waiting for cheques from my Mom's estate - ask them a question (siblings) and they really don't care unless it's something of value to them. I tell ya true colors of character come out at this time.
    You have made it clear you are not accepting this role to your sister. The one thing I will say is I have been advised by a lawyer that whenever my great aunt's will is located (we only have an amendment to it), if it is the last one that is in conjunction with the amendment listing myself and sister as executors - I have to 'decline' before it goes to court for certification (probate).
    I don't know the laws in your area, they may differ. You don't have to accept this. You can send a registered letter to everyone stating you are not accepting further responsibility for her. Sometimes you have to look after yourself. Believe me I know.
    Maybe your sister will get the point if you send a registered letter - if you know her lawyer, you can send them one as well to place on her file.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I am sorry she has brought the flu to your home - keep spraying and take care of yourself. Unfortunately I have had to 'let go/dis-own' 2 sisters because of the way they have treated my home over the years as their drop in hotel, drop in day care. Enough is enough ... too bad ... they are no longer welcome to the point where I wrote and advised them both if they ever showed up again I will call the police to have them removed. Another story. But you get my drift.

Do take care - your health is precious. You've done what you can I'm sure but let the others step in.

Best of luck to you,
    Peggy

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Better starting taking those C's and double up on the dosage. Been doing that forever and ever and ever.

• mariend
    15 years ago

I am so sorry you are going thru this. Besides Airborne, we find that the Emergen-C is very good and easier on the system. It is 1000mg Vit C, with minterald and B vitiams. It does not seem to have the side effects others have but only come in Raspberry and Tangerine flavors.
    Yes, spray, and clean and insist you sister either go to a motel or home. Sorry, I would never go to a persons place as sick as she is.
    Sending hugs and prayers for good health.
    Marie from ND

• trinitytx
    15 years ago

Oh boy, would I ever be upset. I know she is battling other issues, but to bring the influenza bug in your house isn't very thoughtful.
    I hope you don't get this bug, and I do hope the doctors keep her in the hospital. For your sake.

Let us know how she is doing. I know you care about your sister, but you need to care about you too.

Trin

• jannie
    15 years ago

Cherry, when I feel any kind of cold coming on, I take Ecchinechea (sp)tablets, available at any drug or vitamin store . Also buy some zinc lozenges, if you do get sick they will shorten the duration. Your sister has a lot of nerve staying with you when she's sick. I hope you don't catch anything. And I hope they keep her at the hospital. She'll get great care and you'll be rid of her and her germs.

• Cherryfizz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marjorie is still at the hospital. I called my brother who took her and she will let him know if she will be staying or coming back here. I might be going out so I told my brother to not take off before Marjorie gets to my front door because she does not have a key to get in and and he does.

I know all about POA and being an Executor and I told her in no uncertain terms that I was not going to do it again for anyone. I told her she needs to go see a lawyer, and take the person with her who agrees to handle her affairs so they can sign the papers. I don't know who she will get but it won't be me. LOL I know that I am the beneficiary on her life insurance as she is on mine and I will use that money for funeral arrangements when needed. Hopefully not for a long time.

Marjorie just called from the hospital and is on her way home. Lucky me. She said the Dr told her she could have pneumonia or a flu virus and that "I" could get infected anywhere while out and not just by her. Well the chances of me being infected by her are almost 100 percent when she brings the flu bug into my home and I haven't been out of the house all that much this winter except in my own yard or taking the dog for a walk outdoors not around people. LOL She won't admit responsibility if I get sick.

Off to drink another glass of grapefruit juice and to spray the premises again. LOL Now not only will she be bringing her own buggy germs back into the house but also those she picked up in the ER.

I am usually never this worried about germs but I don't want to have a cold or get the flu. I have had a miserable winter and it has been less than 2 weeks that I have felt 100 percent better. I wish I had stood my ground and told her she couldn't stay at my house but I didn't because I trusted her when she told me she wasn't infectious.

I love my sister dearly and hate what lies ahead of her in the next couple of weeks but if she is not out of here by Wednesday I am going to ask her to leave. I love her but can't live with her. LOL

Anne