SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lithigin

Recent Kitchen Craft cabinet experience?

lithigin
13 years ago

We installed Kitchen Craft cabinets in our first house in 2005 and really liked them. Good price point, loved the frameless cabs with full extension drawers, adj. undermount slides, etc. Our installer liked the quality and I was really pleased. This was in a 1450sf 1920s home in a very modest part of NC. We owned the home for about 5 years, half with us in it, and half with renters, so I don't know how long they will actually last and if the composite boxes are sturdy for the long term.

Now we're doing another full kitchen (minus floors) in a 1950s ranch in a pricey suburb of Philly. We plan to be here for maybe 10 years or longer, so long enough to regret skimping a bit now when we do have the money to spend more on cabs. I have priced out the exact door frame and finish for our current kitchen reno in Kitchen Craft and the price is fantastic. We have 25 linear feet of functional bells & whistles, but no fancy columns or 3-part crown or stylistic frills. With tax, KC came in at under $8k for maple, fanciest flat panel raised edge door in the lowest price bracket.

I'm starting to question if it's silly to buy the exact same cabinets as last time, though! Plus I am more concerned about plywood boxes since we'll be here long enough to regret them. :) Have baby #2 coming and am now much more interested in not having major off-gassing or formaldehyde in the kitchen. I haven't had the quote re-done with plywood, but I understand it's usually a ~20% upcharge. That is within our budget, but I waffle as to if it's a waste of money!

There are very few threads about Kitchen Craft on here; does anyone have any recent experience, or perchance know if they've taken a turn for the crappy in the last 6 years? I am pricing out Ultracraft next week and probably also Executive, although I'm not sure they do frameless.

Comments (3)