SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

A cute story from my DD

lilliepad
14 years ago

My oldest son just got home from DD's in OK and was telling me this.DD's little 11 year old Chihuahua was just diagnosed with an enlarged heart and some other heart thing and heart worms.He has always been a mostly outside dog and was never fully housebroken.Anyway,every time he would come into the house for any length of time he would see how many pieces of furniture,shoes,whatever,he could hike his leg on before we caught him and put him back outside.He was really sneaky about it too.LOL He is on 2 medications that he will have to take every day for the rest of his life and must be kept inside from now on.He has been up to his old tricks with hiking his leg on everything.He does use puppy pads for #2.DD and DS were talking about the problem one night and DD jokingly mentioned that they needed to make him a "Pee Post".So,at 2 AM they were doing just that.They took a landscaping timber and cut off a piece about 2 ft. long,drilled hole in the middle of one of those big saucers that planters sit in and attached the post to it with a long screw.They wrapped a puppy pad around the post and stapled it to the post,then wrapped a strand of artificial ivy around the post.They took it in the house and showed it to the dog and he went right over and hiked his leg on it!LOL He has been using it ever since.She just sits it on a puppy pad in case of any leakage,then takes it outside and hoses it off every few days.She did remove the puppy pad from around the post after he had been using it for a few days.I told them they need to patent that idea!LOL

Comment (1)