SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Update on my sister

kathi_mdgd
13 years ago

First of all thanks to all who send out prayers and good thoughts,they are very much appreciated.

My sister is still in ICU and still getting heparin treatments to dissolve the blood clot~~~~~~~BUT the dr's can't figure out why her kidneys decided to shut down.She has NEVER had a problem with her kidneys before,nor is she diabetic,or even borderline.Many dr's have been in to see her and many tests have been run.They told her today that she is a real Challenge for them,and they won't stop til they figure it out.

They are prepping her just in case they have to do dialysis,yet hoping it won't come to that.

I'm 3000 mles away,but i know what she has been going thru,and it seems to me that none of these problems started until she had 3 of her 4 parathyroid glands removed,and she's been sick ever since.Of course that is JMO.

I sent my other sisters a link to what i read about the parathyroid glands,and she shared it with Eileen and told her to ask the dr's about it,to see if there is any connection!! My other sisters told me today she looks good,compared to how she looked before she went into the hospital.

So i guess all we can do now is continue to pray for her,and her team of dr's and nurses that they find the cause and can fix it.

Kathi

Comments (6)