SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Could a traditional stove work in a modern room?

sochi
12 years ago

I'm in the midst of a hastily planned master bath and bedroom renovation. Most bathroom choices have been made, we need to move on bedroom decisions. The room is a blank slate, literally. We must choose a fireplace, window, probably over 20' of closet doors, drapes, carpet, etc.

We are considering the fireplace first. Our bedroom is in the back of an old house and the furnace doesn't do a terribly effective job heating that room, so the gas fireplace has some practical as well as aesthetic value.

While old, the interior of my home is largely modern. My kitchen is a slab walnut kitchen, fairly modern. I have several large deco inspired stained windows throughout the house. The master bath will be modern, slightly minimalist, but a little rustic too (walnut live edge vanity).

This is my first instinct for a fireplace in our bedroom: linear, modern:

Paired with a similar sized off set window, that could be a great choice.

DH also asked if we could consider a stove. They had a few modern versions of gas stoves in the store we checked out, but I didn't really like any of them. We both do like the gas stove below - note the vaguely deco feel to it, warm colour.

The stove option is clearly a more traditional look and would have to influence the design of the rest of my room. But my bedroom should be at least to some degree, modern, in keeping with the the rest of the house.

Can a traditional style stove work in a modern home?? My instincts tell me probably not, but I'm not sure.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz