SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_wayman

It's either the old lady or Murphy

Linda Wayman
16 years ago

They've both been visiting me lately and I'm ready for them to go...RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

I've still got about 9 tons of sand in a pile in the front yard. I had 36 bags of mulch there too. It's been too wet lately to do much yard work. This evening I hooked a small cart to the back of the riding mower. I bought the cart at a clearance sale a couple of weeks ago, but there is some piece that's missing. It causes the cart to dump before I'm ready for it to. I found a pin to stick through it temporarily. Anyway I decided to move the mulch before I moved anymore sand. I took the bags 6 at a time to the back yard. On the third trip the hitch on the mower broke off. The weld on it broke. I moved the mower out of the way and tried to pull the cart by hand. It was heavy, but I was able to move it a short distance. Before I got to the back yard the temporary pin came out and the whole thing dumped the bags. :( I got the wheelbarrel and put the mulch in it, but it wouldn't move when I tried to push it. It had a flat tire. I went to the garage to get the portable tire inflator. The battery on it must be dead. I had it on the charger, but it wouldn't charge. I moved those bags to the back yard one at a time, but by then it was getting dark and I was getting pi$$ed. They had been rained on and some of them had water in them and were heavy.

Tomorrow I have to take Anna to a TaeKwonDo tournament. It starts at 11:15. I really don't want to do any yard work before then because of getting dirty. I think I'll go by Tractor Supply on the way though and see if they have a tractor hitch or know someone who welds. I sure want to get my front yard cleaned up. :(

Our neighbor went out of town this afternoon and won't be back til tomorrow night. They asked if I would let their two dogs out tonight and a couple of times tomorrow. I agreed to, but one of them won't go out. He'll come close to me then take off running through the house. According to his mama he won't leave the yard, but the other one has to be on a leash. Mikie, the one on the leash had a good time outside and the other one, Gaby, stayed in the house and barked. I went back later and he still won't go outside. They are in the laundry room so he won't mess up the house, but I hate that I couldn't get him outside. I'll go first thing in the morning and try again.

Right now I just want to take a shower and go to bed and maybe pout.

Linda

Comments (6)