SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

burglary on our street

3katz4me
14 years ago

I got an email and a voicemail this week - kind of a public service notice about protecting your home from burglary. The voicemail indicated there were burglaries in the neighborhood last week. We have lived here for 18 years - a very nice area - very low/no crime. I've even forgotten to close my outside door at night and the garage door and no problems. I looked into it further tonight and found out one of the burglaries was on my street and the other one was one street over. YIKES!! Our house had a security system when we moved in and we've never used it - just never had a need and didn't want cats to cause false alarms. I leave the door to my screen porch open every day in the summer for my cats to go out there. Screen door locked but obviously anyone could easily get in through that.

This happened in the middle of the day - while everyone was at work apparently - one forced entry and one not. DH recently changed jobs and offices at home now. He was actually traveling during the times of the burglaries but I kind of think maybe the fact he is around the house during the day maybe prevented them from hitting our house.

I am really saddened by this. I have always felt so safe where we live and I don't know if I ever will again now. Now I'm about ready to get the security system up and running - for the first time ever. What a bummer.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company