SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalpatsy

quilt marking with Crayola

petalpatsy
15 years ago

I've just started playing around with World's Most Washable markers for marking a quilt. A member here said she'd never had a mark that wouldn't wash out, so I was experimenting. All my marks with every color so far rinsed out with just cold water under the faucet. I will have to let some marks set a couple of weeks and see them wash out before I use them on a quilt because I'm REALLY a suspicious person. Heck, I might even do a swatch that I iron!

My immediate first problem was the fat fat line the markers made. BUT, I cut a teeny corner off a zip lock bag and pushed the marker down to it, from inside the bag. Secured it with a rubber band. A bit messy inside the bag, but pristine on the outside.

My line now is very fine, about 1/4 the original size line--no bigger than my other ceramic mechanical pencils make.

And if you're wondering, the white ceramic mech pencils brush off just like chalk. No extra staying power that I can see, but of course the line is very fine. The black ceramic sticks just like regular pencil, and I haven't done any washing of ceramic yet.

Comments (6)