SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graffster

Will my questions never end? Low/High Salt from SWG

graffster
15 years ago

OK...just how long DOES it take to become proficient at this pool ownership thing?

We've been having a little 'flooding' issue, which is leading to dirt in my pool, and throwing the salt levels off. Last week, the control showed 2600ppm and flashed "check system/low salt". The pool guy added salt, the readout said "check system/high salt" but within a short time, we were up around 3200 and happy.

Yesterday, we flooded again (see my 'Paver question' post), and last night (5 days since last salt addition) we were flashing "check system/low salt" again (2600 ppm again.) He added more salt this morning, and the readout said, "check system/HIGH salt". Within a few hours I looked at it (I kind of obsess over this remote) and it said, "check system/low salt", back at 2600 ppm. I cleaned my filter again due to the dirt in the pool. It's now not flashing any "check system", but is at 2700 ppm.

Is it normal to fluctuate like that? Every other time we've added salt, it just goes 'high', then settles in and progressively (over weeks) gets lower.

(I liked it better when all I knew about a swimming pool was you swam in it! This is complicated!)

Thanks (again!) for the help I know I'll receive! :)

Kathy

Comments (5)