SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigkahuna_gw

Almost complete porch /deck

bigkahuna
14 years ago

Thought I would post a few progress pictures of the porch /deck on the house I designed for my girlfriend. I have gained some good information regarding the Ipe here to add to what I had already known. Thanks to those who post and answer. The cable railing / wood rail cap should go on in a week or so. It looks like weather will be to cool to finish till spring so its most likely going to get a light sanding to remove the screw hole burrs and washed /treated before woodrich wiping stain goes on. I used 4/4"x6" from ABS Wood. ( Bill? was pleasant to deal with and very fair on pricing and replacing smaller boards with longer ones when out of shorter pieces and at no extra cost) Screwed down with #8 2 1/2" headcote trim screws. It was cheaper and was concerned about the hidden fasteners per this board. ( although I have had clients us it without problems. I do like ease of replacing a damaged piece as well. 16" o/c spacing.. 14'span on part, 12" on other space same span but had been longer and wasnt changed when size changed. I would go with 12" if I did it again but is ok at 16" just not quite as stiff.

The siding is GP vinyl cedar shakes a ceiling is vinyl beaded soffit and trex pvc all used for little or no maintainance.

Anyone have any problems with wiping stains on white trim? I used trex cellular pvc. May need to test some scraps to see if it will permanently stain it if it gets on it. Thanks again for posting advice and tips.

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1503273}}

{{gwi:1503271}}

{{gwi:1503272}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1503269}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)