SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krislrob_gw

HELP!! Infinity Edge ~~ Grading Issue

15 years ago

Our pool is nearly completed. We have an infinity edge pool. The issue is this. Several weeks ago, one of the subs was stuccoing the front of the (I don't know the proper name for this...) basin that catches the overflow from the edge. I asked him why they weren't stuccoing the other edges and he said it wasn't in the bid.

We met with the PB and he said we were supposed to grade up to the edge of the pool. Now, we contracted with them about 8 months ago and the pool has been sitting there gunited for several months and the PB has never said a word about any additional grading that needed to be completed. I have the slopes planted, I have sprinklers installed, we have spent thousands on grading, I have a fence up around the pool and he is saying it needs compacted dirt around the pool, which is a big expense and a complete surprise. We didn't even do the plaster until the concrete was done so we wouldn't have a dirt mess in/near our pool and now this!!

I called him several times and asked him what was going on with the unfinished walls and he said he would come out and walk it with me.

Can I see your infinity edge photos and how the grading/finish work is supposed to look? I want this done right and I think I want him to do it.

Appreciate your help and photos.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comment (1)