SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golfer15_gw

Lack of flow to sheer descent

golfer15
14 years ago

PB's superintendent came out to start up pool last weekend and everything went fine until he tried to start the 3 sheer descents. The outer 2, which are 24" wide, are on 9" raised beams. They are working fine and the water flows well through them. The center sheer descent is also 24" wide, but is on an 18" raised beam. The water trickles out of it. I only have one pump, a 2 hp pentair whisperflo that operates the 4 returns, one sunshelf bubbler, and the 3 sheer descents. A valve controls the flow between the sheer descents and the returns and bubbler. The center sheer descent trickles even when the valve is opened 100% to the sheer descents.

Superintendent says I need a larger pump, maybe 3 hp. PB, on the other hand, says it is a simple fix. He says that the plumber will be back out to install valves on the 2 lower sheer descents to push more water to the center descent.

What says the braintrust?

I just want the sheer descents to work properly. They were a major design choice in our pool and we want them to be fully functional. We are very happy with the process up to this point. Our PB has done an excellent job of delivering what he promised and has done so in a very timely manner. I am sure he will come through, but I am a little surprised by this oversight.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH