SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gracedunderpressure

How much actual pool space do we have?

Not sure if these pictures are good enough to get an idea of our backyard, but going to try. (Pardon the mess - we have about umpteen million projects under construction back there right now)

We have a very large, deck-like patio slab (never thought I'd be able to persuade my DH to do a pool!) overall dimensions are 20x24. The lawn runs mainly from the right & above the slab almost like a semi-circle around it. Probably would cost a fortune to take some of that cement out.

The back fence has about a 10 - 12 ft utility easement (upon which I planted that rather wild-looking bed along the backfence). The small tree in the middle is a chinkapin oak that will probably have to go. :-( It's only 15ft from the top edge of our patio slab to that tree ring.

The two larger trees on the left & right sides are drummond maples & we probably have to worry about roots in relation to that space above the patio slab, but I'm not sure how much.

You can see part of the playsystem that we have on the right & the cleared dirt is where we are putting our temporary "training pool" (Intex). So these are things that can be moved (though the playsystem will be staying somewhere back there).

How do I figure out how much of the little bit of space remaining is actually usable pool space?

Comments (10)