SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macladybug

HELP! How do we decorate a commercial space? And we need to do it fast

Linda H
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am on the board of a small condominium complex in Florida. We are in the process of updating our outdoor clubhouse/pool area and we need a cohesive color palette.

Everything is tired faded and mismatched. I welcome any and all advice and suggestions. Let me draw a mental picture of the property...

The pool area is in the center of the property with the clubhouse on one side and 2 and 3 story buildings facing the pool in a big square. Buildings are Spanish Mediterranean theme tan buildings with the typical spanish tile red clay (reddish terra cotta) roofs. Our fencing is all black wrought iron. Unit doors are glossy black. At the pool area the exterior clubhouse furniture is not being replaced just yet, it's a black wicker with cushions that will need to be replaced in our new color scheme. The exterior awning at the clubhouse and pool umbrellas used to be the same color as our roofs. The awning was recently replaced in a black fabric. The black sets off all the black wrought iron around the pool area and looks crisp and modern.

So here's the dilemma... We are leaning towards chaise lounges, chairs and tables in a black kind of pebbly finish. The chairs and chaise lounges would have fabric slings (all commercial grade) So if the frames of all the furniture is black do our umbrellas have to be black because of the Awning at the clubhouse? Should the fabric slings be a tan like our buildings or a muted fabric maybe with tan, black and a bit of terra cotta? Do we need more color? Should the umbrellas be terra cotta? Or do we have too much black and should the pool side furniture be tan? Would tan look weird given all the black wrought iron fencing surrounding the pool area? Any suggestions?

Comments (15)