SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Do you think black plastic will kill out....

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

an invasive vine/ground cover? I'm really getting po'd at this stuff. It's taken over the front "garden" area of the house, right in front of the big window. First it was the stupid huge Junipers taking over and now that those are gone this crap is taking over. You can't even see the ornamental grasses the previous owner planted or my Japanese lantern thing. I started mowing it down because I stupidly bent my electric power cutting thing by hitting it against a metal trellis.

Then I got my shovel and started to dig it up by the roots. When a thought hit me, why not cover it will black plastic for a week or so and then yank it out? Wouldn't that be less work? My back is killing me, even though I took some extra strength Tylenol after the first round of pulling and tugging.

I'm going to have to crank up the new chain saw I bought last summer to cut down the overgrown Forsynthia bushes. They're so pretty in the Spring but then they take over everything. I think I'll wait till tomorrow for that. Going to go clean up my mess and see if Lauren needs a ride home. She's at the park. Then go to Wal-Mart for the plastic.

Comments (19)