SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
machree

Question about Corian Witch Hazel pattern flow

machree
10 years ago

Before I get into my question I want to thank this community for all the knowledge and advice that is so freely given. I have been a daily reader of this forum and have learned so much. This is my first time posting.

I am getting new witch hazel countertops. I have a small kitchen (95 inches of base cabinets) It is in an L shape, the sink on one wall and the stove on another. The company I am using came out to template today and asked if I wanted the direction of the pattern to stay in the same direction or go with a 45 degree seam.

To better explain, when standing at the sink the direction of the pattern would be horizontal and when at the stove the pattern would be vertical . I have only found one photo online with this layout, and the photo was not great. I really can't visualize this look in my head, and the only benefit I can see would be the lack of a corner seam which I know with Witch Hazel would not be the typical seamless look Corian is known for.

Has anyone done this or seen this? Maybe it would be a great look, I am horrible at seeing things in my head, I really need a photo to understand what it would look like. The fabricator did say when the sheets came in I could come down to the yard and he would lay it out and show me both ways, but a photo of a completed counter top is so much more helpful to me. I really would love to hear opinions about this, until today I just took it for granted there would be a 45 degree seam and the flow of the pattern would be horizontal on both legs of the kitchen, so I need to make a decision about this. Help!

Comments (10)