SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nelsmayview

Suggestions on how to decorate Split Level Foyer Wall

nelsmayview
10 years ago

I'm buying a split level house next month & am dreading some of the spaces that need decorating. This picture was taken at the top of the stairs. This wall seems SO huge and like there could be a lot of potential on how to decorate it, but I have no idea where to start.

My idea as of now is to put a cute black bench that has a back where the current bench is showed in the picture. I would put a burlap pillow on it to soften it up, and then I'm thinking I would put a shelf above the bench that has hooks for an umbrella/quick place to hang coat. The shelf would also come out of the wall maybe a bit so it's deep enough to hold a few picture frames. Still with that being said, there's so much space above the garage door and to the right of the garage door that I feel like I should be doing more. I don't want it to look crazy cluttered either though.

My decor style is that rustic/chic/farmhouse type deal. I'm thinking maybe something with antlers would be cool here? Suggestions on where I should do one big statement piece or what- I really don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)