SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jprain

A few goodbyes (pics)

JPRain
12 years ago

Excuse me... I have to say a few goodbyes.

Goodbye old, stained, chipped nasty formica.

Goodbye worthless range hood that that's been cleaned so much it's losing its "stuff" and only seemed to spread grease around my kitchen. So I never used you.

Goodbye green, foamy, plastic backsplash of dubious origin. I will never have to wash your hideous nooks and crannies again.

Goodbye cabinet door that never really closed. I will never bang my knee on you again while making myself an omelet. That was never a nice thing to do early in the morning.

And your friends the broken drawers that always hung off of they're tracks.

And goodbye to all the rest of you. The parts of my kitchen that made you no fun to work in, had me avoiding company, and harshing my mellow. (There are to many of you to mention all of you. Interested parties can click back to flickr to get an idea of how many aggravating and ugly parts of you there were.)

I'm saying goodbye because you have finally left me for "Old Blue", the dump truck that will carry you off to the landfill site, where you will still be ugly, polluting the world with your ugliness until nature finally reclaims you... But for now, I no longer have to look at you.

Comments (17)