SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_meow

Refrigetor not more than 26 1/2' deep

kats_meow
14 years ago

I just realized that in the house that we are closing on tomorrow we will need a refrigerator that from all to front of refrigerator (including door but not handle) needs to be no more than 26 1/2" deep. This is because the dishwasher opens right in front of the refrigerator and if the refrigerator is deeper the dishwasher door would not be able to open more than about 2/3.

I'm not sure what my options are. I looked on the Sears web page and the only refrigerators they have that are less than 26 1/2" deep (without handle) cost around $6000 and I don't want to pay that. (Our budget was about $2200).

Can anyone suggest any refrigerators that will fit? Width of space is 38" and height is about 71 1/2" (could go higher by removing cabinet above).

Would it be practical to just live with not being able to open the dishwasher more than about 2/3?

Should we consider relocating the dishwasher? It is currently to the left of the kitchen sink. What would be involved moving to it to the other side of the sink? We ultimately will like entirely replace the cabinets in the kitchen but weren't planning to do that immediately.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!