SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pokee99

Cabinet Depth Side-by-Side Refrigerators - PIC

pokee99
16 years ago

We're moving into a new house and we need to buy a new fridge. We currently have a 26 cu. ft. side-by-side Kitchen Aid that we love (36" wide and about 35" deep). We especially love the ice in the door dispenser - which I believe only Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool have. Can anyone confirm this?

We'd love to buy an identical fridge, but our new kitchen configuration doesn't leave much space between a standard depth fridge (32' - 35' deep) and the island (it would be less than 3 feet). See picture:

{{!gwi}}

A cabinet depth side-by-side seems like a great solution, but because of height restrictions, we only have a couple to choose from (Whirlpool Gold 23 cubic foot side by side is the best choice to give us our ice dispenser for the cheapest price). That cheapest price is roughly $2,800 CDN compared to the $1,700 or so for the regular depth model). I cannot recess the fridge into the wall, so that's not an option.

I am also concerned that we may not be able to fit our frozen pizza boxes in the freezer like we can now. The width will be okay with the 36" wide model, but I am now concerned that depth will be an issue on the top shelf because of the in-door ice dispenser. Can anyone confirm if they can still fit a pizza into their KitchenAid or Whirlpool counter depth side by side?

Thanks!

Paula

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County