SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

What to do with 3''- 6'' between fridge and DW?

lisa_a
12 years ago

I'm laying out the cab plan for my sink/fridge wall and I realize that I will have 3" to 6" of "spare" space. I wish it was more (don't we all wish that?) but I'm glad I have this little bit because it will help reduce any fridge door/DW door collisions. But what to do with that bit of space?

I could do a towel bar cabinet like this one from Crown Point Cabinetry:

(Rev-A-Shelf offers similar 2-prong towel hardware)

Or I could do a filler pull-out, either 3" or 6", like this from Rev-A-Shelf

{{gwi:1748865}}
(I'd do it without the decorative post.)

Knowing what to put in the towel cab is easy. And I've been kinda taken with this towel cab ever since I first came across it months ago. It makes use of the space and gives me a pretty place to store towels.

Figuring out what to store in a 3" or 6" filler pull-out cab has me puzzled. Especially a 3" filler pull-out. I could store dishwasher suds and such in it but I had planned to relegate that stuff to the sink cab. Sure, I could store it in this cab but then what do I put under the sink instead? I know many people store spices, oils and other food prep items in their narrow cabs but that only makes sense to me if the cab is next to the cooking or prep zones, which this won't be. It's squarely in my clean-up zone.

Help! I'm hoping you all will tell me how you use, or would use, a narrow pull-out cab that is *not* near a cook top/range because right now I'm stumped. How much storage space does a 3" or 6" filler pull-out offer? In other words, what's the distance between the bars along the sides?

If you have a suggestion for how else I could make use of this bit of space, please spill the beans!

TIA!

PS Pictures would be appreciated!

Comments (23)