SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

lady said dura loc makes marble unable to etch!!??

michelle16
12 years ago

I am getting ready to purchase my counters, befor i order my cabs, because I want to get my white paint color correct.So I like others love the look of marble, but don't want it to etch, so ruled it out and have looked at both white macaubus quartzite and luce di luna quartzite.While I love them both, I am still drawn to the marble.I just spoke to someone from Atlas marble in Newark Nj and she said they use something called dura loc that makes the marble completely stain and etch resistant! i have NEVER heard this, and I have been researching the forum for almost 2 years before I get set to start my kitchen now.She said she will give me a sample to test with the product on it.She said they are the only ones that have this.Does this sound sketchy to you guys??? I guess I will go and test it, and get prices for both the quartzite and marble.So far the quartzites are VERY expensive, it was 48.00 a sq ft for material, then another 45.00 sq ft from another place to template.Does this sound right for the macabus and luce di luna?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Michelle

Comments (7)