SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debutante55

Choosing a Vinyl Pool Liner - An Exercise in Frustration!

debutante55
13 years ago

The time has come for us to replace the vinyl liner in our existing pool. It amazes me how VERY difficult it is to find photographs of what the liner colour/pattern options will actually look like - in a real pool, with water, in various lighting conditions. You would think that this would be a basic feature on every pool company's website or brochure but NO - I've been told that they don't want the liability of having customers come back and say, "..but this isn't what it looked like in the picture!" Ideally, it'd be great to go and see pools 'in situ' but up here in Canada very few pools are open yet and liners must be ordered early for the coming season. Our pool contractor has not been helpful as he simply doesn't have any photos. Okay. I'm done raging now. ;-)

Can ANYONE PLEASE post photographs of any of the following colours/patterns? If so, I would appreciate it more than I can say!!! The choices we're considering are: blue mosaic; aquaria; prism; sandstone; tye dye; and crystal. As for the 'fake tile' borders, that's another story! We're thinking of forgoing the border altogether and keeping it all one colour.

BTW, there IS a thread on this forum with many uploaded photos but the overwhelming majority are beautiful concrete/gunite pools in warm climates. Our vinyl 20' x 40' rectangular pool came with the house and we're certainly not able to replace it any time soon.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice/comments/insights/photos you may be able to offer. We truly appreciate it.

Comments (23)