SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakabedy_gw

Suave Keratin Infusion ad on the right))))

jakabedy
12 years ago

OK. My hair is wavy/curly and dark, and I've always sort of liked it. Imagine my horror to realize that such hair is used as the "before" picture in this ad. Please. I have enough things I need to work on. Leave my hair alone!

Comments (9)

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

I haven't seen that ad. But it is funny you mention it. My daughter is having a keratin treatment professionally done for the first time tomorrow. She's got that unbelievably thick and frizzy hair unless she spends a lot of time with it. This is her present to herself before starting her first real world job after college. The treatment lasts 6 months, so I guess if you have that kind of hair it's a real joy for 6 months.....

I know, you don't care.

• ellendi
    12 years ago

Bee, I hope she is prepared for the fact that although her hair will not be frizzy, when she washes it, it will not be stick straight and look the way it does out of the salon.
    My daughter has had quite a few from the Japanese to the Keratin.
    If your daughter has different results, let me know what she did so I can pass on to my DD1 :)

• sheesh
    12 years ago

And for about three of those six months, the new growth looks awful. At least that is how it went in my family.

I thought the before hair was gorgeous!

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

I get keratin treatments - love it. Results totally depend on the type of hair you have and the application method used - every stylist has a different touch. I've had them last barely 3 months and others over 6. I don't find the outgrowth to be an issue. Now if we're talking hair color outgrowth..... that's a whole different issue!

jakabedy I love my hair when it's wavy but not when it's what I call BIG HAIR! Humidity, garden work, a sweaty gym class and my hair controls me not the other way 'round.

• jerseygirl_1
    12 years ago

I love the Keratin treaments. My hair is fine, curly, and frizzy. The treatment used at my salon is Cadeveu (sp?). It can be washed the very next day and last months. My last treatment was after New Years and it still looks great. The more you have it done the longer it lasts and the better the results.

Keratin Treaments make frizzy hair more manageable. It does not promise straight hair since it's not a straightener. Also, new growth is not as noticeable.

• hhireno
    12 years ago

My sister does salon keratin treatments and she is happy with the results. She can do it once a year and that gets her through her frizziest months.

A friend of hers told her about the suave brand and just minutes ago she read to me a horror review of that particular product. I think that's why this thread caught my eye, she was reading the review to me only moments before. My sister said of the 300 reviews on Amazon, 1/3 were only 1 star and the one she read to me said since the reviewer can't do zero stars the person gave it one.

This is my long winded way of saying I don't think I'd take the chance with a home brand, for something like this I'd only do a salon treatment. But, I've never done it and don't think I ever would. I can embrace my curl and beat back the frizz to an acceptable level.

When my sister says that curly/frizzy hair makes a person look 10 years older, I tell her that negativity about other people's looks and choices ages a person 15 years.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

I don't have kinky, frizzy or even curly hair, I just have a very slight wave and some bad boys (gray) on my sides that don't play well with others. As such, my hairdresser suggested a keratin treatment. I asked if it was covered in the outrageous cost of his haircuts. He just laughed and said unfortunately no. I later looked up what he charges for a keratin treatment and nearly fainted ... $350.00 and up.

He got me thinking about those unruly hairs though, so for $12 I bought the 30 day Sauve Keratin Infusion kit. It took under an hour and I used only half of the treatment (my hair is short).

That was three weeks ago and I'm counting down the days, hours and minutes. I want my misbehavin' hair back.

The treatment left my hair stick straight and I just hate it. Guess that would be good news for those who really need it but my, oh my, I want some body back in my hair. If anyone lives in Orange County, CA, they are more than welcome to the other half of the kit.

Jodi-

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

The new growth is not an issue for this treatment. It's not like perm when the hair would grow in differently. And she isn't expecting to have straight hair, she loves her curly hair as well as when she straightening it. She's got that naturally big frizzy hair that is so tough to control. The guy who is doing it had to go to special training and is certified. It is a 3 hour process of him working on the hair. She said she is very happy to be home from college tonight for something good, rather than prepping for a job interview!

• jerseygirl_1
    12 years ago

Bee,

She will be very happy especially with the time it saves every morning. Not sure wich one the salon is using on her. I've had both the Coppolla which you have to leave in for 3 days and the Cadeveu which you can wash the next day. My salon always has a discount deal going so I have been able to get 20% off on my last 2 treaments.