SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john888_gw

What to fill between pool/spa and pavers?

john888
15 years ago

Hi all.

I had an inground pool installed last year and then had concrete pavers installed around the pool (cantilevered to the edge of the pool). The installer filled in all the joints with polymeric sand that hardened to prevent loose sand from getting into the pool.

However, the sand in the space between the pavers and the attached spa never hardened like it did around the rest of the pool. When it gets wet it comes out and eventually finds its way into the pool. I even cleaned out the old sand and tried to reapply new sand this spring but that didn't work either (the sand never hardened properly).

I figure the problem is either (1) the joint space between the pavers and the spa is wider (about an inch) than between the rest of the pavers themselves, or (2) because the sand is being installed between the pavers and the spa itself (instead of between two pavers) that it is causing the problem.

Is there something else I should be using to fill the space between the pavers and the spa? Maybe some sort of caulking instead?

Please and thanks for any advice!!

John

Comments (5)