SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

If trim is white do my doors have to be white?

buyorsell888
14 years ago

We need new bedroom, bathroom and closet doors. Ours are trashed and cut short for carpet and we refinished the hardwood floors years ago.

The floors are natural/clear finished oak. The baseboards and window trim are white. The walls are all painted colors not white. Living room is Benjamin Moore Kennebunkport Green for example.

I think it would be fine to buy birch doors and finish them clear/natural which would match the floors. DH thinks they must be painted white because the trim is white.

I hate white. No offense to anyone with white but for me it sucks. I ride horses and garden and DH installs furnaces for a living, even though we wash our hands we still get white dirty. I'm a bad cleaner. I don't want any more white than I have to have. Can't change the window trim, it is fiberglass and new and DH won't change the baseboards and door trim so it stays (smudged and dirty) white.

Plus, this is the Pacific Northwest where the skies are white or gray three quarters of the time and I really prefer color around me. Warm wood tones is so much "happier" for me than white.

What do you think? Thanks, been lurking here and haven't posted much...

Comments (6)