SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

10-17 diet/exercise

grammyp
17 years ago

Good morning everyone. I'm sorry about being late with the update this week. My GS was sick yesterday and I spent the day rocking him since his mom doesn't have a lap at the moment.

Cold weather is just around the corner, so we need to start looking for indoor methods of getting our 30 minutes of movement. I am fortunate enough to have stairs I have to use to access my laundry room and sewing room. There are 18 steps up and down every time I have to go. I don't think I can do that enough every day, but it certainly will help. I also have a covered front porch I can jump rope on. It is outside, but at least it is covered and dry. We also have a small fitness center at the hospital where DH works. They have spin bikes and offer morning and evening classes so that is a possibility. The recreation center puts a "bubble" over the pool and continues the water arobic classes all winter. If it isn't toooooo cold I can always walk around the neighborhood. If you look around I'm sure you can find other options in your area. Just have to make up your mind what you can do and do it.

It is also easy to over eat in the winter. After all, we get to hide behind bulky clothes and we need more calories to keep warm, right. NOT. As long as we eat a reasonable diet we can not only keep from gaining, we can lose more weight. Just keep your goal in mind when you prepare your meals.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor