SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boymom23

Salt water system or not? Liner or Fiberglass? Tired of Decisions

boymom23
16 years ago

Hi guys! I'm envious as I sit here and read about your lovely pools. I want one!! It's hard enough to find pool builders in my area that actually show up, and now I have the good one that does show up tell me he doesn't do saltwater pools. He's a very experienced (i.e - Older) pb and seems to know his stuff. He says that saltwater was all the rage and now the people with sw are now turning in claims about all the damage the salt water has done to their equipment, decking, etc. Also, a personal dilemma is the pool type. It sounds to me like fiberglass is the easiest to maintain and the quickest to get in the ground. My husband wants a liner pool because it's cheaper. (sigh) I'm tired of thinking about all this and just want a place to swim come June! (Muddywaters, if you're reading this, I'd love your email. I'm in Chattanooga and would love your opinion on several things.) Thanks for letting me get this all off my chest! Happy swimming to you all! :) Oh, and just to make you laugh, the quote I got today from one of the pb's was for $120k! Nice uh? I don't think we'll be going with him!

Comments (10)