SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
realhousewifeofnj

$27K Good price? Large kitchen 80 linear ft. of cabinets.

RealHousewifeofNJ
10 years ago

Hello all! I've been a lurker for several months. We have a 15 year old custom home that was devestated by a flood a few months ago. The silver lining is I get to do my late 90's natural cherry cabinets / ubatuba granite over. I visited Lowes and had their very knowledgeable kitchen designer redo my kitchen. I designed my "dream" kitchen with her, sparing no expense figuring I could always take things out. The end result was for roughly 80 ft. of cabinets, the final cost would be $27,000 after all the discounts and without tax. This is for Kraftmaid Peppercorn or Kaffe stained Cherry cabinets. I did 48" cabinets, wood hood, rollouts in each cabinet, large island with furniture legs, knife drawer, cutlery drawers, trash / recycling pullouts, pull out spice rack, etc. I am making one corner of the kitchen a beverage station with a built in coffee maker, beverage center refrigarator and icemaker. I really love what we came up with but am curious if this is a good price? I have not gone anywhere to compare. Incidentally 15 years ago when we built the house the cabinets were $15,000 but they were builders grade Aristokraft cabinets (although cherry) with NO bells and whistles. I don't have to go with Lowes but I really would like the cabinets to come in under $30,000 so I think custom would be out for me. Thank you!

Comments (10)