SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
realhousewifeofnj

How am I doing so far with my budget - large kitchen!

Hello all,

We had a rather unfortunate flood in our home in the beginning of the year. The upside is I get to redo my 15 year old kitchen. Just curious how my numbers are stacking up compared to others here. This is in Southern NJ outside of Philadelphia. The home's market value is in the mid $700 - 800K range.

Cabinets: $27,000 Kraftmaid Cherry Montclair Square in Kaffe stain with 48" uppers - 80 linear feet of cabinets. Many pullouts, glass doors, wood chimney hood, furniture legs on cabinets, etc.

Appliances: $21,000 Viking Double Oven, Viking cooktop, Viking microwave, Sub Zero French Door refrigerator, Sub Zero Beverage Center refrigerator, Thermador Built in Coffee maker,

Cabinet Hardware: $1000
Granite: $4400 for River White
Lighting: $2000 (Savoy house)
Faucet and Sink: $1000 (Kohler Bakersfield and Moen Woodmere)
Backsplash: $2500
Installation labor: $5000

So right now we are at $63,000 which is under this magic 10% of the house value I keep hearing about. However, we did not have to replace the floors (tile), our installation labor is relatively cheap and we are not replacing our dishwasher (Fisher Paykel dishdrawers). So adding those things in I think we would be around $75,000 - $80K

In two more weeks my cabinets will be here! Can't wait!

Comments (15)