SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Azek and TimberTech

3katz4me
10 years ago

I'm checking back in here again to see if there are any good synthetic products yet. I just keep neglecting to replace my decks because it's so expensive and the materials are so questionable. I never want to have to stain or seal a deck again yet I would still like it to look decent and hold up over time. I have one old deck that's still functional but looks terrible and the other one we just keep replacing one rotting board at a time. DH cleans that one though and it leads to all kinds of collateral damage from bottom of siding to vegetation and so on.

So in reading it sounded like TimberTech is generally considered to be a decent product and possibly Azek. True? Is there anything particularly tricky about installing either of these or can my good GC do the job? Approximately what is the cost of this material compared with others? Price per square foot?

I considered IPE for a while but the price was astronomical and the guy who does a lot of my home projects has never worked with it so I decided not to go down that path. Plus I decided I didn't want the grey wood look and I don't want to clean and seal all the time.

So what say you?

Comments (9)