SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tenggang

Deck material selection

7 years ago

Hi we're to build a new deck and in need of some advice regarding which brand to go with.

Fiberon Horizon, Azek Harvest , Azek Arbor and TimberTech Legacy are the 4 options we're looking at. We went to 2 local lumber dealers and got some samples of Azek and TimberTech. and it looks like all of them can be easily scratched using keys -> not really visible from stand point but definitely mark is left on the surface. Also tried to pour some oil and ketchup on them, all can be cleaned fairly easily.

One contractor recommended Fiberon and it looks like their warranty is better as it covers labor as well for the first 5 years.

Now comes the questions:

a) Which of the four is more fade resistant and less contract/expansion/warping as the deck will be facing the south. The deck will be 5-6' off the ground, so moisture is less a concern.

b) what's the difference between Azek Harvest and Arbor collection from quality/material perspective? on the sample, it looks like that the wrap on Harvest is difference between the surface and the back, but the same for Arbor -> not sure whether this makes any difference.

c) I heard TimberTech just came out with Alloy Armor technology, is that good or just market gimmick?

I did some google search but couldn't find too many recent reviews so please help me here ~~~ thank you

Comments (5)