SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkfdwife

my mom

bkfdwife
16 years ago

It dawned on me this morning that some of my friends might not have seen my post elsewhere. Dearest friends, my mom is dying. Like, soon. Doctor said "weeks" We had to call ambulance Sat as she couldn't move her legs. After a few tests they determined that she has cancer. Advanced...end stage. Apparently when she was in the hospital 3 years ago they found lung cancer. Her choice was no treatment and not to tell anyone. It has spread throughout her body now and into her brain. The brain tumor is the size of a golf ball, on the frontal lobe and affects her as a stroke patient would be affected. She really isn't with us, she's off in some happy place within herself. For that we can be very grateful. This tumor is blocking her sense of pain and discomfort, along with speech and motor skills. It is so painful to sit with her, she just sleeps now, doc says this is normal. She has an advanced directive for pain management only, she will start recieving hospice services today. The doctor will keep her in the hospital as long as she can, from there she will go to a care facility.

Anyway, sorry I didn't post earlier, I've been a bit preoccupied. Please pray for Jayme, she's having a real hard time with this, hoping mom holds on long enough to at least see her great gramma.

Thank you

Lisa

Comments (51)