SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fighting_irish

Anthony and Sylvan (watch out)

14 years ago

I know there are a few of you out there that claim that Anthony and Sylvan built you a good pool but I want to express what I found today that should concern anyone that even conciders using them a their builder.

I went to a pool today that was build and completed by Anthony and Sylvan this past September. Now this is a very large 60x80 (8) lane pool built for a former olympian in his back yard.

First off this is a 180,000 gallon pool that is filtered off (2)CV580 Jandy cartridge filters each of which uses a 2HP Jandy Stealth pumps. Basically this is a water turnover issue that I will let other builder on here back me up on.

Secondly all plumbing is 2 1/2" suction and 2" return. Now the drain covers are 8" rounds spaced 36" apart this would be appropriate if the drain covers could support the GPM that is required for this size pool and the sumps underneath are field fabricated and the pipe is 1" below the drain covers. Very not compliant.

Thirdly this pool there are tiles popping of everywhere Now from what I understand they are coming out to address this (good luck). But I am sure they are going to just patch the job instead of replacing like they should.

Now this is for everyone out there. Anthony and Sylvan are not pool builders. They are pool salemen. The do not put their hands on any portion of the building of any pool. Meaning completely subbed out. I don't think if the had to they could even build a pool themselves. And in most cases they have beat their subs up so bad in pricing that the subs have to find ways to take short cuts on your pool to even try to make any money at all. I know if I were building a pool for myself I would want the best work done by the best guy available for the job. This is not always the cheapest guy.

Hopefully this Helps some of you out there.

And for all of the other builders on here that understand what I am saying please feel free to voice your opinion and ask questions about this set up if I was not clear enough.

When I saw all of this I almost made me sick and at the least broke my heart knowing what this guy is getting ready to go through now.

Good luck to all in their pool builds and please do your research on your builder before you build. If your salesman has no clue how to build a pool only how to sell you the pool watchout.

Good Luck,

David

Comments (20)