SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albertmccarthy23

long island solar pools solarattic pool heater

albertmccarthy23
15 years ago

From reading a bit on this forum there seems to be a huge number people who are very well educated when it comes to swimming pools. I just purchased a solarattic solar swimming pool heater from www.longislandsolarpools.com and I was wondering if anyone else here had any experience with these units. Mine just arrived yesterday and me and my neighbor are planning on doing the installation this weekend. I can't wait to see what this thing can do! I spoke with the owner of the company for a good half-hour and after our conversation going this route over a regular solar collector setup seemed like a no brainer. Between the hidden installation (which was a big deal for me) and the cooling benefits on the house I was sold. He claimed that the cooling benefits on the house are 400% higher than an attic vent, an attic fan, and a ridge vent combined. He claimed the solarattic will stabilize my attic temperatures, which are normally at least 125 degrees in mid summer at 85-95 degrees and will keep my pool in the mid/high 80s - low 90s the whole season, and thats w/o my solar cover.

Do any of you guys have these units on your pools? Or know anyone who does? Thanks

Comments (12)