SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peggy_dobbinsshane

Venting a sump pump drain???

I purchased an older home, and over the past three years have remodeled most of it. We live out in the country with a septic system, not city sewer. My wife and I decided to have an addittion added to the back with the contractors only doing the rough-in. They installed a sump crock in the crawl of the new addittion which is about 4 foot deeper than the crawl of the original house. I decided to remove the sump pump from the existing crawl and move it the lower crawl of the new addittion since they were at approx. the same location. I tied into the existing drain line and extended to the new location. The kitchen sink drain is tied into this drain apparently and does not go to the septic tank. Now every time the sump pump runs, after a heavy rain, the kitchen sink gurgles. I know it is sucking air from the kitchen sink. I am fairly certain that this type of drain is grandfathered in and moving the kitchen drain to tie in with the septic would be diificult due to room and height in the crawl and getting enough slope. Is it possible to add a vent stack to the sump line to stop the gurgling???

Comments (2)