SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
planningnut

Help with sink choice - I need to get some sleep again...

planningnut
16 years ago

Hello again,

Thanks to everyone for all your help with all my questions :) much appreciated!

I'm literally losing sleep over this one. I really love the idea of a white apron sink in front of a big window - seems very warm, cozy and romantic. I do have my sink-to-be in front of a 7' wide bay window overlooking our 1/2 acre of trees (which I adore) and I know that the apron sink is not going to happen (too expensive, we have laminate countertops and my husband feels like they are the same as at the barbershop... no vision...!), so I am left with a drop in white fireclay sink (which is awesome but $1,000 and has it's risks...) or a drop in stainless sink (less expensive, more options, but boring and not nearly as romantic).

Woudl one look significantly better than the other? Is the vision of the white fireclay sink worth the risks of this material (and the cost!!!!) or should I go with the stainless... it would be easier if I could undermount the stainless, but not an option...

Our counters are a polished, etched black "granite" laminte against a ivory shaker cabinet with medium oak floors. Very cozy, warm, but still contemporary. Fridge is stainless. Oven (not replacing yet) is white.

Help! I've gone so far beyond obsessing... even I'm sick of the sink already...

Cheryl

Comments (8)